So, as some of you may know (and now all of you will), I'm the luckiest person on the face of this planet because I have Mr. Enamored Soul in my life. To say he makes my world a better place is an understatement, because he IS my world, he IS my life! So, I'm hosting my first giveaway in honor of his upcoming birthday on April 22nd - to me, that day is more important than my own birthday, Christmas and New Years combined!
So, here's what you can win (you get to pick ONE of these fabulous books!) :
Synopsis: The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she hook up with Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago? We're not telling, but you have two guesses and the first one doesn't count. Decades later, after Allison develops Alzheimer's, her beau uses "the notebook" to read her the story of the great love she's plumb forgot.
Why: Because Mr. Enamored Soul is my Noah. And we've promised each other we're gonna grow old together, so that's that! :)
Title: This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Synopsis: Remy doesn't believe in love. He romance novelist mother is working on her 5th marriage, and her father, a '70s hippie singer, left her with only a one-hit wonder song to remember him by. Every time Remy hears "This Lullaby," it feels like "a bruise that never quite healed right." Never without a boyfriend, Remy is a compulsive dater, but before a guy can go all "Ken" on her, she cuts him off, without ever getting close or hurt. She's stunned when klutzy, quirky, alterna-band boy Dexter inserts himself into her life and refuses to leave. Remy plans on having her usual summer fling before tying up the loose ends and heading for the coast. Except Dexter's not following Remy's tried-and-true rules of break-up protocol. And for the first time, Remy's questioning whether or not she wants him to.
Why: Because when I had given up on love, and built a wall around my heart - Mr. Enamored Soul was the only man who took the time to build himself a door within that wall, and walked into my heart! :)
Title: A Walk to Remember
Synopsis: In 1958 Landon Carter is a shallow but well-meaning teenager who spends most of his time hanging out with his friends and trying hard to ignore the impending responsibilities of adulthood. Then Landon gets roped into acting the lead in the Christmas play opposite the most renowned goody two-shoes in town: Jamie Sullivan. Against his best intentions and the taunts of his buddies, Landon finds himself falling for Jamie and learning some central lessons in life.
Why: Because you may not know this about me, but I'm quite unhealthy. I've been through some painful, debilitating conditions, and in my darkest hours, when I am ready to give up, or when I am neglecting myself, Mr.Enamored Soul is always around to take care of me & nurse me to health. He has truly been by my side..."in sickness, and in health."
Synopsis: Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the 16 year old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend,she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense murdered dead bodies.Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world...and the imprints that attach to their killers. Now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him. Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer - and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer...and becoming his prey herself.
Why: Ah! Well, because when asked at random, which book read recently showcased a story about two best friends falling in love, several people answered "The Body Finder". Although I, myself, have not yet read this book - I am offering it for the following two reasons. 1) Because I fell in love with MY best friend and 2) because I love mysteries, and I thought there should be something in here for those who may not necessarily like romantic novels.
To Enter you MUST do the following :
1) Leave a comment below sending Mr. Enamored Soul (his name's Adeel, in case you'd prefer to use that) any birthday wishe(s) you may like. Feel free to also throw in how much I love him, LOL.
2) Please make sure to also leave the name/title of the book you'd like to win, and your email address. Without your email address, I cannot contact you, which means you cannot win.
3) This giveaway is open to everyone - you do NOT need to be a follower, but I would be very grateful if you did decide to become a follower, and hopefully that will result in us being friends! And the contest is open to US/Canada as well as INTERNATIONALLY (Love knows no bounds,right?!?).
4) The contest ends April 22nd, 2011 at 12:00 AM EST (so enter BEFORE April 22nd,please). The winner will be chosen using Random.org and I will post the winner's name, as well as contact the winner via email on April 22nd. [Please read the Legal Disclaimer below]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my Angel! :)
- I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipping or items shipped from 3rd party sponsors.
- Winners are chosen using a random number generator based on the comment number.
- Any cheating or misuse of information, or harassing of other parties, or bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. Please respect the blog owner and all participants and/or followers.
- The winner will have 48 hours to contact me from the time that I email them - if they do not respond, another winner will be chosen.