- Total Books Read: 3
- Total Pages Read: 1070 Pages
- Books Read Since Last Update: .75 Book (LOL)
- Pages Read since last update: 231 Pages
- Total time read: 13 Hours (but not in their entirety).
- How I'm currently feeling: Feeling pretty good. Still sick, but glad I participated in the Read-a-Thon. Realized how much work it is! lol :P
- Books read: Finished "The Sweetness of Tears" by Nafisa Haji, by reading the remaining 231 pages, at the end. Began with "The Midwife's Confession" by Diane Chamberlain, and "Very Bad Men" by Harry Dolan.
- Hmmm, this is a difficult question, since all three books belonged to three different genres, and were three totally different experiences. I honestly couldn't choose, all three were pretty fantastic! :)
Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
- Yes, I participated in pretty much all the challenges, except the one illustrated in update 10, but that's because I was on the road, driving, during those hours! *shrugs*
Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
- Hmmm, I really liked the Book Titles Make A Sentence one, and the Which Book Do You Think You'd Want Students to Read and Why challenge. I love writing, so the ones involving writing were great, but the other ones demanded creativity, and I liked that too.
What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
- Well, in all honesty, that I strove hard to get some reading done. Not that telling anyone around me that I was participating in a "virtual read-a-thon" would have gotten me any leeway, but mentally, I pushed hard, so that was good.
Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
- The first day was disappointing for me. But it was a weekday, and there were "real life" issues (gag!) that needed my attention. Then today, it was my Dad's birthday, so I didn't really get a chance to read as much. In all honesty, I think I read a decent amount - I just had imagined that being in the read-a-thon would allow me uninterrupted time to read. *Smacks forehead* Silly me, I forgot...I'm not that lucky! lol :P But I'm happy with however much I read...I read, and that's all that matters to me! :)
What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
- I think the updates were a great idea, but setting them so close together really did make them far less enjoyable (sorry!). I think the IDEA of it is absolutely perfect, but I think the updates should go in a different post, and the mini-challenges ought to be in different posts.
If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
- If I had to re-do this, and do it my way, I guess I would keep everything the same (so you did a GREAT job at organizing Enna!), but I'd just make the requirement TWO update posts made anytime during the day (following a certain format provided at the beginning of the read-a-thon), and mini-challenges posted every four hours, which the participants can choose to participate in, or not. I think the mini-challenges should have a time-limit, but the updates should not - because I certainly don't want to be obligated to break from reading to make a post, and I don't want to be dishonest, and just schedule a fake one, either, you know? Other than that, it was perfect - REALLY creative with the challenges! :)
Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")
- Yeah, sure. Why not!?!? This was my first read-a-thon, so I don't know if they are done differently on other blogs/sites, but I really enjoyed myself, and I'd participate again, for sure! :)
Any last comments on the read-a-thon?
- First of all, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Enna of Squeaky Books for hosting this Read-a-Thon, and also, thank you to all the participants who engaged in this read-a-thon with me. Also, a SPECIAL Thank You to all those who visited my blog, and left their comments, their concerns, and showed their support - I love you all. A big WELCOME to all the people who subscribed to my blog, and HAPPY READING to all :)