Friday, June 17, 2011

~Spring Into Summer - Update #1~

Update:

  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 67
  • Book I'm Currently Reading: "The Midwife's Confession" by Diane Chamberlain.
  • Books Read Since Last Update: N/A
  • Pages Read since last update: N/A
  • Total time read: 40 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: Worried I won't be able to complete my goal given that I have so many things to do later on during the day. But going to continue to read.

Mini Challenge:

What is your favorite and least favorite movie adaptation of a book. 

Favorite book-movie adaptation: I believe my favorite book-to-movie adaptation was Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. You see, as much as I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter adaptations, because they are so creative, Jurassic Park was my first foray into a "fantasy" like novel, which was turned into a movie. It was the first book of it's kind that I had read, and it being brought to life was just so absolutely exciting for me. Plus, as much as the book had made me interested in dinosaurs, I still didn't do half the research that the movie had employed; the result of which was the absolutely life-like dinosaur models, which totally surpassed my expectations. I loved it! 


Least favorite book-movie adaptation: My least favorite book-to-movie adaptation was "The Scarlet Letter", which starred Demi Moore. The Scarlet Letter was one of my most favorite classic novels, and the script was not an adaptation of the book at all. So MANY facts were changed, and I never really saw a reason why this was done. The beauty of that book lay in the amazing literary devices employed in it - such as allegory, and some of its biblical illusions. None of those were properly explored in the movie. I absolutely despise it when they change facts, historical facts at that, because that's not innovation, that's re-invention - and you cannot re-invent a classic! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

~Music I Love~

~Blog Awards~

~Blogs I Love~

Get your own free Blogoversary button!