Sunday, June 19, 2011

~Sunday Stew - June 19th, 2011~


Sunday Stew is a Weekly Meme hosted Here at Books Devoured

First of all, I want to wish all of you, fathers, mothers, daughters and sons alike...a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! :)




Bookmark of the Week




This week, I've been using the "Sweet Venom" by Tera Lynn Child's bookmark, that I received courtesy of Yara from Once Upon A Twilight (THANK YOU!). I just found out that Loretta of Between the Pages has been using the same bookmark this week as well, and I thought that was so cool! :) There's something very simple but alluring about this bookmark - it completely draws you to itself. I especially love the braid and it's mysteriously curling ends, set against the contrasting pale skin, it's simply beautiful, and I love it! :)


Around The Web:
 
 
 
Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

 
Reading Angel, Pure Imagination, and Candace's Book Blog are at it AGAIN!  A while ago, they'd brought us a Spring-time Blog Hop, and this time, it's a Read-a-Thon. I just recently completed my first read-a-thon, and I'm ready to get on the horse again! :) I'm signing up, for sure...what are YOU waiting for? Click on the banner above, and go sign up NOW! I can assure you that it's going to be SUPER fun! :)
 
 
 Around Me
 
 


It's Father's Day, and as some of you may know, it was also my Dad's birthday yesterday! So this weekend is super special in our home, and of course, super busy!  My mom and I take special care to fuss a little extra on my dad, because in all honesty, he's the kind of guy who never requires any fuss throughout the year. My dad's one of the most easiest-going, laid-back, cool-operators kinda dudes in the world...and he almost NEVER spends anything on himself, and I can't remember the last time he made a request for anything special and what not. His focus has always been us...and he's always telling my mom and I that we should go get ourselves something, and if you ever ask him if he wants something, his answer is always something along the lines of, "I have everything, what more do I need?" My dad's been my anchor, my best friend, my confidante. In some ways, even more than my mom...but I guess only because as a teenager, I thought tormenting my mother was part of some rite of passage, and I simply did it to irk the crap out of her, so our bonding really began after I returned home from college. My dad has always been my best friend since I was a child. I made this card up there for him last week, while I worked with some kindergartners - I did buy him a card as well, but he seemed far more attached to this one, and I know why...he's always loved my creative side; he says I got his creative genes from him (I must have only gotten half a set or something, coz I'm really NOT that creative! LOL). Anyhow, I'm an only child, and a complete Daddy's Girl (subsequently, mommy's boy too, in some ways! lol :P)...so I dedicated my "About Me" section to my dad today! 
 
Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this week's ~Sunday Stew~, I definitely enjoyed writing it. With this, I conclude this week's Sunday Stew post! Thank you for reading, feel free to leave me any comments/feedback you may like. I wish you a blessed rest of the week, and that you'll continue to visit! :)
 

10 comments:

  1. How awesome is that. We are using the same bookmark. I feel the same way. The book mark is beautiful. I cannot wait to read that book either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet fathers day tribute. =)

    Pretty Bookmark too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I love that bookmark too, I gave Loretta hers. :) we celebrated my moms birthday and Father's Day this weekend so I spent lots of time with the family. Thanks for the shout out, I can't wait for the readathon either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Happy birthday to your dad :) Mine has been gone for 17 years, but I see a lot of him in my second child (almost a little too much). I really hope to participate in the read-a-thon. My husband and two sons will be gone at camp so I should be able to get lots of reading done!! Beautiful bookmark! I look forward to reading the book!! Always a treat to pop in on your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day and also, a Happy birthday to your dad! :)
    I am participating in Once Upon a Readathon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw...what a cute card. i had my girls make their daddy a card, too. they were so funny about it, getting out all their markers and crayons, and making sure they spelled everything right...people forget it's not about the cost, but about the thought that goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hira, what a great tribute to your dad! Guess what - I'm an only child too and most definitely a daddy's girl. Always have been, always will be no matter how old I am. Since I'm not the most creative cookie in the bunch I always buy my dad a card but it's always an extra special one.

    PS- you won Dance Lessons on my blog. Send me your mailing info please. Thanks!
    darreads (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bookmark idea is this a weekly meme?

    I'd love join

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some cute bookmarks. I started making my own beaded book thongs. My daughter and I decided to have a mother/daughter day and we spend the afternoon making them. It was fun, messy from all the beads going everywhere, but we had a nice quality afternoon together.

    I really enjoy reading your blog. It's really fun and charming.

    New follower as well. Thanks for following my blog too. I will definitely be back on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for hopping by and entering the Freedom Hop giveaway!
    Love your blog!
    I'm your newest follower!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

~Music I Love~

~Blog Awards~

~Blogs I Love~

Get your own free Blogoversary button!